Please note: the application period for positions starting in Fall 2017 is complete
Carnegie Mellon University’s Language Technologies Institute (LTI) seeks applicants for the Tenure track or Research track. Tenure-track applicants must have strong interests and accomplishments in both research and teaching.
We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to excellence, and who will contribute towards building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment. Applicants must have outstanding academic credentials and have an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field.
As one of the largest academic centers for human language technologies in the world, the LTI conducts research in a wide range of areas, including computational linguistics, machine translation, speech processing, text mining, information retrieval, and dialog systems. The LTI has more than 300 graduate students and some 30 faculty members.
We are looking for faculty candidates with strong interest and expertise in the foundations of natural language processing (NLP) and related areas, including:
- Core natural language processing
- Computational Linguistics
- Machine learning and statistical methods for NLP
- Social media analysis
- NLP for applications in healthcare, cybersecurity, education, law, and multimedia interaction
- Other pioneering directions in language technologies
The full application should include:
- A letter indicating the research area
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Research statement (including both current and future directions)
- Teaching statement
- Copies of 3 representative papers
- Names and email addresses of three to five individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference
Please apply via the CMU School of Computer Science homepage.
For More Information, Contact:
Carolyn P. Rose | firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-268-7130