The links below will direct you to Carnegie Mellon University and Language Technologies Institute policies, payment options and reimbursement information.
Policies & Procedures
CMU Business and Travel Expense Policy (BTE Policy)
Please note that though the BTE is a university-wide policy, additional regulations are applied within the LTI.
LTI Sponsored Travel Policy
Business or travel expenses funded by a sponsored grant, award or contract usually have additional requirements, or may be subject to additional restrictions or limitations. For example, Non-US flag air carriers are unallowable by awards like LORELEI, DEFT/SAFT, NSF and many others. LTI students funded by such award are strongly recommended to consult with the LTI administrators prior to making any travel arrangements to ensure that all agency or sponsor procedures and restrictions are followed.
Business (Non-Travel) Reimbursement Procedure
1. For miscellanious non-travel expenses related to the university business and approved by your advisor please fill out LTI Business Expense Reimbursement form.
2. Once the form is filled submit it to the LTI-ER@cs.cmu.edu.
3. Do not direct any travel related items to this address.
4. The administrator in charge of processing business reimbursements will contact you with a confirmation and/or additional questions regarding your application.
Travel Reimbursement Procedure
1. If you plan a trip related to the university business and approved by your advisor you need to download:
2. Follow the instructions provided in the Guidelines step by step. Submit the Travel Authorization form and the Addendum to the LTI-Travel@cs.cmu.edu.
3. The administrator in charge will contact you with a confirmation and/or additional questions regarding your application
|Conference Registration and Membership Fees||Rental Car||Lodging|