LTI Business Travel Authorization & Reimbursement Procedures
1. If you are planning travel related to university business (e.g., conference, PI meeting, etc.) and it has been approved by your LTI faculty advisor, please use the following documents/forms:
2. Follow the instructions provided in the Guidelines step-by-step to complete the necessary forms.
3. Once completed, please submit the Travel Authorization form and the Addendum to the LTI-Travel@cs.cmu.edu.
4. The administrator in managing LTI Travel will contact you with a confirmation and/or additional questions regarding your application.
Important CMU/LTI Expense Reimbursement Policies
- Please note that although the BTE is a university-wide policy, additional regulations are applied within the LTI.
- LTI Sponsored Funds Travel Policy: Business or travel expenses funded by a sponsored grant, award, or contract usually have additional requirements or may be subject to additional restrictions or limitations. For example, Non-US flag air carriers are unallowable by awards like LORELEI, DEFT/SAFT, NSF and many others. LTI strongly recommends that students work with the LTI travel administrators (LTI-Travel@cs.cmu.edu) prior to making any travel arrangements to ensure that they are compliant with all agency or sponsor procedures and restrictions.
Typical Travel Reimbursements
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch, etc.)
- Gasoline (rental car, not personal car)
- Ground Transportation (taxi, uber, lyft, etc.)
- Lodging (hotel, airbnb, etc.)
- Rental Car
- Mileage (personal car)