Carnegie Mellon University's Language Technologies Institute (LTI) seeks applicants for the Tenure track, with multiple positions starting in the Fall 2020 semester. Tenure-track applicants must have strong interests and accomplishments in both research and teaching.
The Language Technologies Institute (LTI) in the School of Computer Science (SCS) at Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for multiple tenure-track and teaching-track faculty positions. The LTI is dedicated to the study of human language and related information technologies, including NLP, speech, MT, computational linguistics, text mining, machine learning, and multimedia. The LTI has some 36 faculty, about 150 PhD/MS research students, and another 150 professional MS students. It is one of seven departments within SCS, which has over 200 faculty with expertise spanning all areas of computer science. SCS is a highly collaborative and uniquely interdisciplinary environment that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship in both teaching and research.
We seek candidates internationally who have a demonstrated commitment to excellence, and who will contribute towards building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment. Applicants must have outstanding academic credentials and have an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely-related field.
Excellent candidates in all areas of natural language processing and
related language technologies are encouraged to apply, including:
- Natural language processing
- Speech processing
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Information extraction
- Dialogue systems
- Question answering
- Information retrieval
- NLP for applications in areas such as healthcare and cybersecurity
- Other pioneering directions in language technologies
The full application should include:
- A letter indicating the research area
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Research statement (including both current and future directions)
- Teaching statement
- Copies of 3 representative papers
- Names and email addresses of three to five individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference
Please apply via the CMU School of Computer Science application link: https://apply.interfolio.com/65336
For More Information, Contact:
JAMIE CALLAN | CALLAN@cs.cmu.edu | 412-268-4525